Wandering Chinatown - Part 1

On my recent trip to Bangkok, I spent a lot of time wandering the streets and lanes of Chinatown. Chinatown is quite possibly one of the most interesting places to explore in the city. Filled with temples, markets, old shophouses, people and traffic, it has a beautiful way of mixing chaos with old-world charm.

On my first day, I took a wander along Yaowarat Road...

then walked through Trok Itsaranuphap, a walking lane overflowing with people, vendors and unusual food,

to Leng Noi Yee, the oldest Chinese Buddhist temple in Thailand (unfortunately, you can't take photos inside the temple, but trust me it's definitely worth a visit!).

From there, I wandered down to Sampeng Lane, one of Bangkok's many wholesale Meccas...

From toys to gems to side walk snacks, Sampeng Lane is a bit of a visual feast...



And then as I rounded the corner back up to Yaowarat Road, I happened upon Wat Samphan Tawong with an interesting blend of old...

and new...

And this was just day one!

Comments

marhas said…
Hi Ange
Your blog is wunderful. I took one picture from Trok Trok Itsaranuphap in Chinatown in Bangkok into my blog. I Hope, you don't oppose, if you object, I will take it out of course!